December fun thanks to the National Lottery
York Army Museum will be throwing open its doors for free to National Lottery players during the week of 12 to 17 December 2017. We are joining participating National Lottery funded visitor attractions across the UK in saying ‘thanks’ to people who have raised money for good causes by buying a lottery ticket.
The York Army Museum - a former Territorial Army Drill Hall located in the heart of York’s ‘Cultural Quarter’ was awarded a £1million Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) grant and together with contributions from the participating regiments, has been transformed into a contemporary, exciting military museum and York attraction. The museum was opened in May 2015 by His Royal Highness the Duke of York KG on 13 May 2015 and has celebrated a successful first 2 years of operations and has been regularly referred to as ‘One of York’s hidden gems.'
Ros Kerslake, Chief Executive of the Heritage Lottery Fund, said:
“December is a wonderful time to experience the UK’s rich, diverse and exciting heritage, which has been transformed by more than £7bn National Lottery funding since 1994. This is a small gesture of thanks and a way of giving something back to the people who buy tickets.”
The idea is simple: any visitor who presents a National Lottery ticket or scratchcard between Tuesday 12 – Sunday 17 December gets free admission to the museum in return.
Terms and Conditions
- One National Lottery ticket provides free entry for up to one group of six to York Army Museum only.
- All National Lottery games qualify for free entry, including tickets from any National Lottery draw based game or National Lottery Scratchcard. Proof of ticket can be paper or digital.
- The offer is valid from Tuesday 12 December to Sunday 17 December 2017.York Army Museum is open 9.30am to 4.30pm on Tuesday 12, Wednesday 13, Thursday 14 and Friday 15 December, and from 10am to 4pm on Saturday 16 and Sunday 17 December. Last admission is 30 minutes before closing time.
- York Army Museum has the right to refuse entry in the unlikely event of the venue reaching capacity, as well as due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Tickets will be given at the till in the York Army Museum Reception when visitors arrive with their National Lottery tickets.